Are you interested in starting a nutrition private practice? Not sure where to start?
Launching a private practice is an exciting but rewarding endeavor. As a nutrition entrepreneur, you get to build a business that reflects you and work with clients that you are passionate about helping. To get your private practice started, we’ve curated this list of resources and important steps.
Checklist: How to Start a Nutrition Private Practice
Launching Your Business:
- Get liability insurance, if needed
- Incorporate your business: Is an LLC or Corp best for you?
- Find the best practice management platform for your business
- Make sure you’re HIPAA-compliant
- Choose office space
- Figure out which charting templates work best for you
- Get your first 5 clients
- Optional: Create a cancellation policy
Healthie is a practice management platform and mobile app designed to help nutrition & wellness professionals manage their business and build relationships with clients. To learn about our Free Starter Account, click here.
Growing Your Nutrition Private Practice:
- Upgrade your private practice website
- Start using telehealth
- Offer your services as packages (after you create some)
- Decide whether you want to accept insurance
- Boost practice revenue
- Help your clients be more successful
- Host group counseling sessions or webinars
Interested in transitioning your practice to telehealth? Set up a free Starter account with Healthie’s EHR + telehealth platform by clicking here.
Improving Your Nutrition Practice’s Marketing:
Make more time to grow your business
Use a platform that automates the administrative, so you can focus on growth and care.
Stay Up to Date with Healthie
Sign up for our monthly newsletter