Private Practice Startup Checklist for Nutrition Businesses
Learn what you need for your private practice startup with Healthie's checklist. Find out how to start a nutrition or dietitian business.
Are you interested in starting a nutrition private practice? Not sure where to start?
Launching a private practice is an exciting but rewarding endeavor. As a nutrition entrepreneur, you get to build a business that reflects you and work with clients that you are passionate about helping. To get your private practice started, we’ve curated this list of resources and important steps.
Checklist: How to Start a Nutrition Private Practice
Launching Your Business:
- Get liability insurance, if needed
- Incorporate your business: Is an LLC or Corp best for you?
- Find the best practice management platform for your business
- Make sure you’re HIPAA-compliant
- Choose office space
- Figure out which charting templates work best for you
- Get your first 5 clients
- Optional: Create a cancellation policy
Growing Your Nutrition Private Practice:
- Upgrade your private practice website
- Start using telehealth
- Offer your services as packages (after you create some)
- Decide whether you want to accept insurance
- Boost practice revenue
- Help your clients be more successful
- Host group counseling sessions or webinars
Improving Your Nutrition Practice’s Marketing:
Make more time to grow your business
Use a platform that automates the administrative, so you can focus on growth and care.
Stay Updated with Healthie
Sign-up to our newsletter.