Private Practice Health & Wellness Trends 2021
Discover private practice health and wellness trends for 2021. Explore how technology and holistic healthcare will impact health businesses.
We’re only a couple of weeks in to 2018, so it’s the perfect time to predict the trends we think will take over nutrition and wellness private practices this year.
But first, let’s take a look back on last year. Several major trends emerged in the nutrition and wellness community, including:
- Telehealth increasing in popularity among practitioners
- Expanded legislation and policies regulating telehealth
- Increased insurance coverage for nutrition services in general
- The growth of the intuitive eating movement
- Online courses, webinars, and group counseling sessions as a way to expand services you offer
- Nutrition and healthcare in nontraditional locations
What do we expect for 2018?
Our predictions for the top 3 private practice trends for 2018:
1. A Holistic Approach to Care Will Take Center Stage
As clients increasingly become their own best health advocates, we think that a more holistic approach to healthcare will be a leading trend in 2018. Preventative health and wellness practices are valued more than ever before, so clients are looking for non-standard treatments. Holistic healthcare involves evaluating individuals as a whole, instead of focusing on a particular ailment. This is great news for your business because nutrition and fitness are typically the top lifestyle changes people make.
Additionally, the fields of integrative nutrition and medicine are seeing unparalleled growth. We’re seeing more and more dietitians, nutritionists, and health coaches become certified in integrative health practices. But you don’t even need a certification to start incorporating more integrative and holistic methods into your practice. Start small with these few ideas.
2. More Ways to Stay Connected With Clients Through Technology
One way you can provide your clients with more individualized care is by staying connected to them. There is now even more technology that enables you to do that.
In an age of instant gratification, clients often seek and see better results from more communication. Technology lets you stay connected, respond to questions quickly, and provide a more comprehensive service to clients. Overall, this leads to greater success for your clients.
So which forms of technology, specifically, do we think will trend this year? Here are a few:
- Expansion Of Telehealth Services. Telehealth was a hot trend in 2017, but we predict more nutrition and wellness providers will open virtual (or partial virtual practices) and telehealth will continue to grow in popularity. Not to mention that over 60 pieces of legislation, in more than 30 states, passed last year. Some of these regulations improve reimbursement rates for virtual services, while others offered clear guidelines and definitions for telehealth. If you’re ready to open the doors to your virtual practices, or at least test out some telehealth sessions, here are a few steps to get started.
- More Wearable Devices. Clients love wearable devices because they provide easy ways to know where they stand and can be motivating. This is great for you because wearable technology gives you a peek into the behind the scenes of your clients’ activity, vital signs, and more. We think that even more wearables will become mainstream this year, including blood sugar monitoring. Stay tuned for more integrations with Healthie!
- Real-Time Photo Food Logging. Real-time photo food logging lets you stay connected to your clients, practically as they are eating their meals! Instead of waiting to see a food journal in-person, Healthie’s picture-based food logging app lets you comment on and stay engaged with your client’s food journal on a daily basis. You can stay as active as you’d like, which helps your clients stay accountable.
Plus, boost practice revenue by selling an accountability package that includes real-time picture-based food logging.
3. Collaboration Among Allied Health Professionals
How many times have you said, “Wouldn’t it just be great if we could all get along?” Well, we think 2018 is going to be the year of teamwork!
From personal trainers and nutritionists working hand-in-hand to massage therapists and acupuncturists sharing office space, the more health and wellness professionals can work together, the better the results for our clients.
Plus, working together is a great way to build your business and gain referrals.
We can’t wait to see what the new year brings for your business. To help you get there, check out our step-by-step checklist to help your business boom this year!
Make more time to grow your business
Use a platform that automates the administrative, so you can focus on growth and care.
Stay Updated with Healthie
Sign-up to our newsletter.