Telehealth Before & After COVID
Want to learn more about the future of healthcare delivery? Read this article by Healthie to discover the need for telehealth before and after COVID.
The Future of Virtual Health Care after COVID-19
The need for telemedicine proved necessary over the last several years. Now that the pandemic is showing signs of stabilizing many are questioning if telehealth will continue after covid. The future of healthcare delivery looks promising as new technologies continue to advance. The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the adoption of virtual healthcare, and it is likely that this trend will continue in the future.
What Were the Benefits of Telehealth during the COVID-19 Pandemic?
Telehealth facilitated healthcare delivery during the COVID-19 pandemic. EMR platforms granted remote access to patient medical data. This allowed patients to receive care and keep in touch with their doctors through secure messaging portals and virtual appointments. Telehealth was the primary method of healthcare delivery for over a year. Today, health systems continue to see the value and support of this virtual model.
Does Virtual Care Have Post-Pandemic Staying Power?
Many providers are wondering “will telehealth continue after COVID?”. The future of healthcare delivery is likely to be shaped by several key trends and technological advancements. Although telehealth before and after COVID has changed and adapted, it certainly is not going anywhere. Virtual care is expected to continue to grow in popularity and become an increasingly important part of healthcare delivery long after the COVID-19 pandemic, with telehealth expanding before and after COVID. The benefits of virtual healthcare, including increased access to care, convenience, and improved patient outcomes, are likely to drive continued adoption and innovation in this area.
What Is the Future of Healthcare Delivery?
Virtual care is continuing to expand after the pandemic. Here are some potential developments and changes we may see:
- Increased use of telemedicine: Telemedicine, which involves remote consultations between patients and healthcare professionals, has become more popular during the pandemic. It is likely that this trend will continue as patients and healthcare providers become more comfortable with the technology.
- Expansion of remote monitoring: Remote monitoring technology, such as wearable devices that can track vital signs, may become more common in the future. This technology can help patients manage chronic conditions and enable healthcare providers to monitor patients remotely.
- More personalized care: Virtual healthcare may enable healthcare providers to deliver more personalized care. For example, data from remote monitoring devices could be used to develop customized treatment plans for individual patients.
- Improved access to care: Virtual healthcare can improve access to care for patients who live in rural or remote areas, as well as those who have mobility issues or transportation challenges.
5. Customizable EMR: Choosing an EMR that allows for custom charting templates to be built, can be extremely valuable in saving cost and time. The future of EMR focuses on tailored EHR platforms that improve backend office operations.
6. API integration: APIs in healthcare accelerate the speed to launch and scale virtual healthcare. API integrations allow companies to leverage existing infrastructure, eliminating redundant software development.
7. Continued investment in digital health: The pandemic has highlighted the importance of digital health solutions, and we are likely to see continued investment in this area. This may include the development of new technologies and platforms to support virtual healthcare.
Overall, the future of virtual healthcare is likely to be shaped by ongoing technological advancements and changes in healthcare delivery models. While the pandemic has accelerated the need for telemedicine , it is likely that virtual healthcare will continue to play an important role in the future of healthcare.
How Do I Select the Right Virtual Care Platform for My Practice?
Telehealth after COVID is still going strong, and Healthie can help you build a custom solution that is built to scale through all phases of development. Healthie allows you to leverage your foundation and build your dream healthcare platform. With Healthie you can:
-Create Custom Dashboards for Business Analytics directly plugging into provider and client utilization of the platform.
-Customize the onboarding flow of your clients.
-No limits on the number of clients or team members that can be added, and no storage limits for your account.
-Build your custom solution on top of Healthie’s EHR, Engagement, and Back-office feature set.
-Every feature you love about the Healthie platform is available to you via the API, including web and mobile platform
-Connect Healthie with your existing tech stack for a seamless client experience.
-Leverage our developer support during the build and ongoing updates, including via shared slack channel for rapid iterations
The Healthie support team is here to guide you through all phases of growth, so you can do all of this and more. With Healthie the possibilities are endless. Meet with one of our developers to see if Healthie is a fit for you.