Healthie Technology & Software Platform
Healthie is the platform that organizations use to build, innovate, and grow their digital health business.
Healthie is a HIPAA and SOC 2 Compliant web and mobile platform for health and wellness. We are used by organizations that seek to build long-term relationships with clients, successfully scale a provider network, and leverage modern wearables and tools that drive better healthcare outcomes through digital health.
Healthie's platform has hundreds of features in a single, simple to use platform. Healthie can be white-labeled and we have an API layer for developers who seek to build custom front-ends leveraging our comprehensive feature set.
- Startups that use Healthie have raised $500M in Venture Capital
- Thousands of providers log into Healthie every day to manage back-office and work with over 1 million clients
Healthie's Platform Includes:
- Provider Management and Onboarding
- Engagement, Telehealth, & Communication
- EHR, Intake Surveys & Documents Portal
- Back-office Operations & Management
- Reporting & Analytics Tooling
- Mobile & web application for providers & clients
- Integrations with digital health & business tools
- White-label and API solution with rapid developer support for scaling teams
Healthie’s digital patient engagement platform and API is used by thousands of healthcare startups, retail grocery stores, medical clinics, and professionals that seek to build long-term relationships with clients. Our offerings scale with your business, and are coupled with rapid developer, provider, and client support.
Healthie is cloud-based, HIPAA and PCI compliant, and consists of a modern web telehealth technology platform + mobile app for providers and clients.
Provider Management and Onboarding
As you scale your provider network, we understand the importance of standardizing operations, building processes that you can roll-out across the board, and making it easy to onboard clients with their appropriate provider (or clinical care team).
We also understand that you may offer a combination of in-person and virtual services, operate in many states across multiple specialties, and that each provider in your organization will offer unique skill sets. Our scheduling software can power filters by provider, geography, specialty, appointment type, and more, and can be used to power marketplaces, client onboarding quizzes, and website embeds.
Healthie has been designed to help you streamline provider management while providing you with resources you need to seamlessly Welcome your Clients.
- Platform’s multi-provider capabilities enable group practices and organizations to share resources, collaborate across clients, and maintain custom permissions surrounding core business needs to streamline operations, promote cross-collaboration, and offer coordinated care to clients.
- Standardize intake forms, charting templates, packages, appointment types, Programs, documents, and other tools / resources for use across your organization.
- Configure over 35 permissions and settings for providers to work within your portal, including for notifications workflows, back-office, client visibility, and more.
- Set specific permissions for support staff, including billers and schedulers.
- Create custom links for Calendaring and Packages that include specific clusters of Providers.
- Establish a Primary Provider for each client, or leverage Care Teams to coordinate care across multiple providers.
- Providers can set up their biographies with specialty, geography, locations, and next availability.
- Provider database can be utilized to help inform best fits for clients, and give confidence that a new client is being matched with the right provider.
- Create a sign up page for providers to enter their basic information and set up availability, that then connects them to your provider network.
- Set up internal team training calls leveraging platform Calendar and Webinar features.
- Multiple pathways to Portal Entry, including from your website, manually entered, purchase of a package, or booking of appointment.
- Smart indicators to determine if client is new or existing, and support for families that may have a single e-mail address for multiple members.
- Ability to have clients adhere to terms and conditions, and specify those universally, or by service.
- Customizable onboarding experience by Group, Specialty, Location, or other indicator
Automations to send clients specific assessments, enable web and mobile portal access, and Welcome Message from Provider / Care Team.
- Add an onboarding video for clients to review early in your experience.
- Via API, set up workflows such that clients are recommended specific providers (or batch of providers) based on responses to your onboarding quiz.
Engagement, Telehealth, & Communication
We facilitate asynchronous and collaborative relationships between your organization and the clients that you work with. Web and mobile applications are in sync with each other and allow providers to share materials and clients to view, upload, and share as well.
Technology has made it easier, and more important, than ever, to build long lasting relationships that keep clients engaged and accountable, which contributes to long-lasting relationships.
Healthie’s Robust Client Engagement Platform is a modern, integrated experience that spans video, chat, and logging capabilities, securely shared with your provider team, and integrated with our web & mobile (iOS and Android) interface.
Here’s an overview of Healthie’s Client Engagement and Remote Monitoring Features:
Care Plans & Programs
- Offer Care plans to clients to apply common protocols / method of cares to clients to add recommendations, goals, documents, and other resources.
- Build and store Care Plan Templates for use across your provider network.
- Leverage Programs / LMS feature to pre-create and automatically distribute content including videos, quizzes, handouts, and e-mails to clients as part of long-term engagement.
- Set Programs to be released on a fixed date or rolling basis and tie programs to subscriptions, packages, and other services offered.
- Share documents (including .doc, .pdf, audio, video, excel) with clients automatically or as a one-off based on clinical need.
- Collaborate with providers in your organization to build repository of handouts and resources to distribute electronically with clients (replacing Dropbox / Google Documents).
- Share E-books and other downloadable to prospective or current clients.
Telehealth & Webinars
- Built-in HD telehealth solution for one-on-one video calls.
- Smart interface that enables provider to Privately Chart on client during session.
- Ability to share screen with client or adjust video screen size during a call.
- Integration with HIPAA-compliant Zoom (without a separate Zoom login or account) for webinars & group calls.
- Integrated with Appointment Booking for Easy Link Sharing and Follow Up / Reporting.
Client Logging and Goal Setting
- Robust Food, Metrics & Lifestyle Logging to customize what clients can track, including pictures of meals, nutrients selfies, standard and custom metrics, bowel movements, symptoms, water, moods, notes (behavioural health), and more.
- Special configurations and pre-set recommendations for Eating Disorder, Mental Health, Pediatric, and other specialties.
- Comment or give a quick reaction to your client’s progress to provide real-time support and feedback.
- Ability to pull data from popular wearables & devices, including Apple Health, Google Fit, FitBit, Withings, Dexcom, and more.
- View metrics Dashboard on an aggregate and per client basis to understand activity, engagement, and outcomes for Remote Patient Monitoring.
- Goals platform to set targets and hold clients accountable, leveraging streaks to keep clients motivated over time for habit formation.
- Goals Templates and Favorites to help providers scale out goals utilization.
- Customizable notifications system to prompt clients to complete goals, metrics, or other entries.
- Modern Chat platform to facilitate rapid, asynchronous engagement between providers and clients, which syncs across mobile & web platform in real-time.
- Ability for providers and organizations to send mass messages (Message Blasts) to all or specific clients.
- Group Chat for providers to initiate conversations with multiple team members, multiple clients, or both.
- Support for family chat, with multiple family members with a provider care team (with ability to use same or different e-mail addresses).
- Full chat history available, with continuous or new conversation threads.
- Support to send text, emoji, photos, weblinks, PDFs, videos, audios, and attachments within Chat.
- Enable a vacation / out of office message on a global / per provider basis.
- Set up an automatic welcome message when a client is enrolled in your services.
- Leverage one-way read receipts for providers to confirm receipt by clients.
- Organization Chat dashboard for providers and support staff to collaborate across clients, with ability to set custom permissions.
Client portal access and notifications
- Clients access engagement features from web platform and/or mobile app.
- Ability to set permissions as to what clients can access within your engagement platform.
- Enable custom E-mails, SMS, and/or push notifications to encourage app utilization, including to Welcome Clients, session confirmations / reminders, programs, and re-activations.
- Ability to set a custom reply-to e-mail address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org) with direct Sendgrid access.
- Providers can archive previous clients, or elect to give full or limited portal access.
EHR, Intake Surveys, & Clinical Care Portal
We recognize that core to your service is your clinical expertise. Your providers provide the highest quality of care, and need top-of-the-line charting, intake systems, and clinical care tools to do their job.
There is no need for your team to build an EHR from scratch - let us handle that, and leverage our core tooling, or build upon it, to enable clients to complete robust intake assessments, enable providers to chart on clients, and leverage a suite of clinical capabilities to deliver world-class care.
Intake and Assessments
- Clients can complete Fillable Forms, Surveys, Assessments, and E-sign documents for your review.
- Customize intake flows (groups of intake assessments) on a per group, universal, or per client basis.
- Leverage our library with hundreds of pre-built forms for your use, or create your own custom assessments.
- Client information automatically stored & visible throughout Client Profile.
- Set up Pre-fill and Smart Fields to connect intake assessments to charting platform.
- Request that clients securely upload photo ID, insurance and/or credit card information (including taking a photo of relevant documentation).
- Ability to auto-score intake forms to calculate results.
- Conditional logic, including the ability to show / hide specific fields of questions based on prior client answers.
- Send recurring forms on a daily, weekly, or other periodic basis.
- Have a form sent automatically after a session is booked or occurs.
- Send reminders for clients to complete outstanding forms (or automate triggers for clients to receive an outstanding form).
- Support for rich HTML including for images, URLs, font and visual updates to forms to customize experience.
- Ability to add videos, images, and your logo to intake forms.
- Forms can be placed on your website as part of an initial client onboarding process, or within the portal for secure, ongoing completion.
- Providers and Care Teams can view completed intake forms within a client’s portal.
- Generate a PDF of form templates (blank) for physical use in-office, or completed PDFs with client information for seamless printing and/or E-Fax with other healthcare stakeholders.
Charting & EHR
- Robust EHR/Charting platform with ability to leverage pre-made charting templates (e.g., SOAP) or create your own charting forms.
- Reduce provider clicks in-session with Client Quick Profile to view Entries, Goals, Sessions, Diagnoses, and more within Charting.
- Access the EHR from anywhere without putting your client’s sensitive data at risk.
- Specialty Support for families, including the ability to set notification contact(s), have multiple family members with the same e-mail, and specific features for pediatrics (e.g., growth charts) and pre-natal care (e.g., due dates)
- Ability to lock and/or e-sign a Chart Note upon completion, or allow for editing of previous chart notes.
- Quick notes to quickly access relevant client information, share notes across clinical care team.
- Feature to easily track (and collect from client) allergies, sensitivities, and food preferences.
- Gender identity options for inclusiveness.
- Feature to share part or full chart note with client.
- Quickly download a summary of chart note or E-fax within Platform.
Comprehensive Clinical Care
- Connection with Fullscript for recommendations on supplements.
- Offer E-labs to clients who can book electronically.
- HIPAA-compliant E-Fax with a dedicated number to virtually receive and send faxes to build relationships with other healthcare stakeholders.
- Integration with Dosespot for E-Rx / E-prescribe capabilities.
- Inventory Management system to add products and keep track of quantity, add sales tax, and set a price.
- Client care plans can be created and shared directly with the clients.
- The full script integration can be used to recommend supplements to the client.
Back-Office Operations & Management
We understand that you’re focused on scaling your business. You need to minimize the time that you spend on back-office, and we’ve built out the tooling to streamline important operations.
Healthie has a comprehensive suite of back-office tools that enable you and your team to focus on building a modern, tech-enabled service offering.
Our back-office support features include:
- Robust calendaring and scheduling tools to create and configure appointment types.
- E-mail, SMS, and push notification confirmations and reminders to clients and providers for upcoming sessions.
- Considerations for time zones across all booking flows, including different time zones between provider and client.
- Providers set default weekly availability, and can override with blocks and one-time needs, and/or syncs with External calendars.
- Ability to book and host group or one-on-one, one-time or recurring sessions.
- Settings to configure locations, rooms, and in-person vs phone-call vs telehealth options.
- Option to enable a waitlist and configure number of registrants for a wait list.
- Automations to send client intake paperwork and portal welcome upon service booking or purchase.
- A shareable calendar that can also be embedded directly within the health practitioner’s website, alongside a “Client Portal” button.
- Ability to Indicate Appointment Status, including to track no-shows, cancellations, reschedules, and completed.
- Integrations with iCal, Google, Outlook, and other 3rd Party calendars and social media accounts.
- Reporting and Analytics to assess most popular appointment types, providers, locations, and more.
Client, Tasks and Notifications Management for Workflow optimization
- Client Management Dashboard to quickly view Active and Archived Clients, Filter Clients by Group.
- Assign each client a unique Client Identifier.
- Leverage automations in place to prevent duplicate client accounts from being created, with ability to merge records as required.
- Enable feature to search for clients by birthdate.
- Groups Feature allows Organizations to work with large volumes of clients with efficiency.
- Task management platform per provider and across the organization, with Smart Tasks tool to auto-create provider tasks to standardize care protocols & operations.
- Notifications history to quickly see e-mails and SMS communications on a per client level in timeline format.
- Calendar Dashboards for providers to review upcoming appointments, with Customizable Appointment Type Details including New / Follow Up.
- Robust notifications system to help provider team follow up with clients, ensure appropriate actions are being taken to optimize care outcomes.
- Notifications settings for team members and clients to customize in-app, push, e-mail, and text notifications (and further customize via API).
Notifications settings for team members and clients to customize in-app, push, e-mail, and text notifications (and further customize via API)
- Billing tools to streamline and simplify payment collection for out-of-pocket and insurance reimbursable services.
- Ability to set up one-time recurring payments (with an indefinite or fixed payment period) to offer single services, customizable bundled solutions with services, products, E-Labs, and more.
- Tools for creating personal client packages; plus, create a free appointment / package to offer a free / introductory consultation.
- Share single or multiple packages externally, via website embed or shareable URL for distribution on newsletters / marketing campaigns.
- Store multiple credit cards, debit cards, HSA/FSA cards for clients, and optionally enable ACH payments.
- Ability to enable clients to gift packages to other clients.
- Easily generate QR codes for your packages and sessions.
- Support to add multiple pricing options and terms for monthly or annual subscriptions, charge co-pays, cancellation fees, and bill for products and services that you offer, virtually or in-person
- Promo codes / coupons creation and management with use cases spanning across building relationships with referring providers, D2C online marketing, and omnichannel promotions
- Payments Dashboard / Data tracking that helps keep your business in good financial health.
- Invoicing tool with option to have 3rd party partners (non clients) fulfill invoices in your platform.
- Built-in Credits system to keep track of utilization, and pre-sell services and products.
- Insurance billing tools that allow you to create CMS-1500s, superbills, and invoices.
- Superbill generator that can be shared electronically and available via Client Portal.
- CMS 1500 Management Dashboard designed for billers and administrators to streamline operations and process claims at scale.
- Insurance eligibility tracker to understand covered services for clients.
- Ability to set preferred / accepted insurance policies and favorite CPT codes.
- SFTP integrations with Clearinghouses like Office Ally for claim submission and processing.
Reporting & Analytics Tooling
We understand that your organization maintains business critical KPIs, supported by dashboards and analytics piping to ensure that business, operational and client healthcare outcomes are tracked and optimized as you scale your business.
We also believe that your data should be immediately accessible in easy-to-digest and manipulate formats, and have built out tooling to facilitate CSV downloads as well as direct integrations with other analytics tools you may use, via our API.
Here’s a sample of Reporting available at your fingertips, customizable by date range, group, and provider:
Operations & Management
- Appointments scheduled, no-showed, cancelled, and completed.
- Appointments duration and locations.
- Number of messages sent, reactions to posts, and shares of documents.
- Number of credits purchased and/or remaining.
- Ability to track Sources of clients to streamline reporting for marketing channels and attributions.
- Provider-specific tracking to understand attributes including number of active clients, appointments completed, payments generated, clients engaged, outcomes garnered.
Client Overview and Engagement
- Client demographics and contact information.
- Number of portal logins in a given time period.
- Volume of messages sent and received, universally, by group, and by provider.
- Number of Programs finished and average completion status of a Client Program.
- Integrated with Appointment Booking for Easy Link Sharing and Follow Up / Reporting.
- Payments received and business growth in last 30, 90, YTD, lifetime, or other date ranges.
- Promo codes utilized and total volume of discounts.
- Bank transfers.
- Volume of Superbills, CMS 1500 claims created and submitted.
- Top ICD-10 and CPT codes billed in the Organization.
- Most common insurance payers amongst patients.
- Aggregate, group-level, and individual client metrics, filtered by group, specialty, and/or provider.
- Patient satisfaction, changes in education and/or confidence in key health indicators.
- Data from wearables and devices, including Sleep, Steps, Weight, Blood Pressure, etc.
- Goals completed, streaks and achievements, and % to completion information.
- Number of sessions completed relative to metric our outcome achieved.
Moreover, via our API or Custom Report Requests, your Organization can build in specific piping between Healthie’s software and your own internal tooling.
Mobile & Web Application for Providers & Clients
Healthie offers iOS and Android app for providers and clients. This enables providers to communicate with clients on the go, respond to chat messages, view upcoming appointments, and complete Telehealth calls. Clients find it easy to log their food, metrics, and lifestyle journals, message their provider, join virtual sessions, view documents and programs, and build engagement with your organization.
The mobile apps automatically sync with the web platform, and can be white-labeled for our organizations. Mobile app users can customize their permissions and notifications to enable / disable specific coordinated push notifications (alongside e-mail and SMS notifications).
Here are the most common actions taken by providers and clients on the mobile apps:
- Track client food & lifestyle log to give feedback and share reactions.
- Leverage Chat for on the go communication.
- Manage and view upcoming appointments.
- Conduct video call sessions.
- Complete intake and charting paperwork.
- Review enrolled programs.
- Share documents (e.g., insurance card information, general resources and handouts).
- Complete goals.
- Manage and Review Care Plans.
Integrations with Digital Health & Business Tools
We believe that modern digital health companies need a seamless, easy way to integrate with the growing field of tools available for provider management, internal operations, and engagement. This philosophy allows our customers to prioritize developer and business resources on delivering better health care, versus re-creating the wheel.
Healthie has integrations with over 25 tools for back-office management and client engagement. And, we are constantly adding to this list based on customer feedback.
Our most popular integrations include:
- CRM and marketing tools including with Salesforce, Hubspot, InfusionSoft, ConstantContact, and Kustomer.
- Analytics including with Google Analytics, Sendgrid, and Mixpanel.
- Billing tools like Stripe, Office Ally, AdvancedMD.
- ECommerce platforms like Shopify.
- Communication tools like Zoom, Twilio.
- Clinical tools like E-Labs, E-Rx / E-Prescribe, Fullscript, AthenaHealth.
- Wearables and devices like Apple Health, Google Fit, Fitbit, Withings, Dexcom etc.
Moreover, API customers can build their own integrations directly into their own solutions for an even tighter experience, and past examples have included additional clearing houses, EHRs, and analytics companies. We’re always adding integrations to this list. Moreover, our startups leverage our API to build integrations with other tools including meal planning software, credentialing and HR platforms, digital patient engagement platforms, and more.
API and White-label Solution
Every feature you love about Healthie’s coaching & telehealth software is available to you via the API and white-label. We make available the same API that our developer team uses internally to build Healthie. The API is updated automatically, and backwards compatible.
We make it truly turn-key for healthcare startups to build their custom solution on top of Healthie’s EHR, Engagement, and Back-office feature set. If you have an existing client app, you can connect Healthie for a seamless client experience.
Our API handles millions of monthly events for hundreds of healthcare companies. From custom feature integrations to workflow automations and productivity solutions, every part of the Healthie technology platform can be automated and streamlined according to your specific needs. Reach out to our engineering team to discuss your requirements and possibilities.
Our white-label solution gives you custom branding and full control over the client experience. On top of logo, colors, and font customization, you are able to enable / disable features, integrate the platform with other tools that you use, and truly make the Healthie platform your own.
We offer much more than industry available APIs, including:
- HIPAA Compliant, PIPEDA Compliant, GDPR Compliant.
- High security standards: SOC/2 Certified.
- Every Healthie feature accessible through the API.
- Full white-label usage free of charge.
- Dedicated engineering support team available 24/7.
- Extensible GraphQL API.
- Free-of-charge Sandbox environment.
- 99.99% uptime guarantee.
- Support for Webhooks to integrate with external applications and services.
- Detailed documentation, code examples & tutorials.
The API gives you access to every single feature that Healthie offers:
- Appointment Scheduling and Bookings.
- Google Calendar, Apple iCal and Outlook Calendar integrations.
- Digital patient engagement platform through live chat, support and ticketing.
- Client prescriptions and follow-ups, notes and treatment plans.
- Reports, Analytics & Insights.
- Billing and payments, EHR & Insurance plans.
- Client and Customer Management.
- Account Settings, Notifications & reminders.
- Integrations with other tools that you use in Business, Engagement, and Reporting.
Learn More and Get a Demo of our Technology Platform
Get Started With Healthie
Transform your business and the way you work with clients.